Connections (Ages 10-17)
For families experiencing mental, emotional or behavioral challenges after adopting.
Connections promotes healthy attachments, offers services to children and their families after placement and finalization. The Connections Program helps families anticipate, identify, and respond to issues that affect their lives. Connections will prepare youth with coping skills in which to manage their emotions appropriately along with skills to resolve conflict.
- Monthly parent instruction on mental/emotional challenges of adopted youth
- Individual and group therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Therapist trained in Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Updated psychological assessments
- 40:31 leadership training
- Spiritual growth opportunities
- Follow-up support services for family after youth returns home
- On-site school through Eagle Village Lighthouse Academy
The goals of these programs include:
Accountability – For the things that happen in my life
Honesty – In all my relationships
Forgiveness – I will forgive everyone including those who have hurt me
Acceptance – For who I am, not seeking it from others
Integrity – I will always be the same person, whether in front of people or behind closed doors
Respect – For others and myself
Trust – I will take the risk of trusting others and earn the trust back that I have lost
Service – I will give back to others because I have been blessed so much.